PlayBooked, LLC (“Playbooked” or “we”, “our” or “us”) operates the Playbooked platform,
which includes the Playbooked platform, website, our subscription service, our affiliated websites, newsletters, mobile apps, and OTT apps, and all related social media pages (the foregoing, and all content, features, and materials thereon, shall hereinafter be collectively referred to as the “Platform”).
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website playbooked.com (our “Website”) and/or our mobile application (our “Platform”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Website.
- On the Platform.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Platform
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
Types of Information
We may collect the following types of Information through our Platform:
(1) “Personal Data” such as your name, e-mail address, physical address, phone number, credit card number, specific (e.g., street level) geolocation data and other information that can be used to directly identify you (which, in some cases, may include certain Device Information such as device identifiers);
(2) “Device Information” which is information relating to the computer or device you are using when you access our Platform, such as your computer’s IP address, your mobile device identifiers (including Apple IDFA or an Android Advertising ID), the type of browser and operating system you are using, the identity of your internet service provider, and your device and browser settings.
(3) “Usage Data” which is data related to your use of the Platform such as the pages you visit, the sites you use before or after visiting ours, your actions within the Platform, the type of content or advertisements you have accessed, seen, forwarded and/or clicked on, WiFi connections, general geolocation information, date and time stamps, log files, and diagnostic, crash, website, and performance logs and reports.
As described in more detail below, we collect Personal Data only when you provide it to us but may collect other types of Information whenever you use our Platform through automated means such as software developer kits, cookies and web beacons (which are discussed in more detail below).
You may enter most of our websites and apps and browse their content without submitting any Personal Data. However, there are certain offerings within our Platform which will require you to give us Personal Data so that we can provide you with certain services, including if you choose to:
- Establish an account
- Purchase products
- A subscription to Playbooked or other content behind a paywall
- Order food through one of our Apps
- Contact us or otherwise communicate with us in any way
- Subscribe or opt in to our newsletter, alerts, or other communications
- Submit content
- Participate in a contest or promotion and/or redeem any prize you may win
Please note that your credit card information will only be collected if you choose to make a purchase through our Platform. If you do make such a purchase, our payment processing partner will collect your payment information and process your payment. We do not store any credit card information or share it with anyone other than our payment processor.
Device Information & Usage Data
Whether or not you submit Personal Data, any time you visit our Platform, we or our service providers may collect, store or accumulate certain Device Information and Usage Data. This Information may be used in furtherance of the purposes described above with respect to Personal Data and also in aggregate form for internal business purposes, such as optimizing the Platform, generating statistics and developing marketing plans, and otherwise for general administrative, analytical, research, optimization, and security purposes.
Information to and from Social Networks
SHARING OF INFORMATION
In no event will we disclose, rent, sell or share any of your Personal Data to third parties for direct marketing purposes without first giving you the ability to opt in or opt out of such disclosure. We only share your Information with third parties for the purposes described below.
We may share your Personal Data with third party sponsors or partners who will use it for marketing purposes but only if you opt in to such sharing or do not opt out when prompted. We will never share Personal Data in this manner without giving you one of these two options.
We contract with companies or individuals to provide certain services related to the functionality and features of the Platform, including payment processing, email and hosting services, software development, food ordering/delivery, shipping and fulfillment, data management, surveys and marketing, and administration of contests and other promotions. We call them our “Service Providers.” We may share your Personal Data and other Information with Service Providers as appropriate for them to perform their services for us and our Service Providers are permitted to use your Personal Data only for such purposes.
We may also share, make available or transfer Device Information and Usage Data in anonymized form with or to our affiliates, licensees, promotional partners and Service Providers for administrative, analytical, research, optimization, promotional and security purposes, but no such Information will be linked with your Personal Data or be used to identify you.
Notwithstanding any of the above, we will not share your Personal Data if such sharing is prohibited by applicable privacy and data protection law, including, without limitation, the EEA’s General Data Protection Regulation effective May 25, 2018.
AUTOMATED DATA COLLECTION / COOKIES
We may use certain automatic analytics and tracking technologies to assist us in performing a variety of functions, including storing your Information, collecting Device Information and Usage Data, understanding your use of the Platform, customizing the content offered to you on the Platform and delivering relevant advertising to you. Such technologies include:
(2) Web Beacons. We may also use “web beacons” or clear GIFs, or similar technologies, which are small pieces of code placed on a web page or in an email, to monitor the behavior and collect data about the visitors viewing a web page or email. For example, web beacons may be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page. Web beacons may also be used to provide information on the effectiveness of our email campaigns (e.g., open rates, clicks, forwards, etc.).
(3) Mobile Device Identifiers and SDKs. We also sometimes use, or partner with publishers or app developer platforms that use, mobile Software Development Kits (“SDKs”) that are incorporated into the Platform to collect Information, such as mobile identifiers (e.g., IDFAs and Android Advertising IDs), geolocation information, and other information about your device or use of the Platform. A mobile SDK may act as the mobile version of a web beacon (see “Web Beacons” above) and we may use this technology to deliver or help our advertising partners deliver certain advertising through the Platform based on information associated with your mobile device.
By visiting the Platform, whether as a registered user or otherwise, you acknowledge, and agree that you are giving us your consent to track your activities and your use of the Platform through the technologies described above, as well as similar technologies developed in the future, and that we may use such tracking technologies in the emails we send to you.
PERSONAL DATA RETENTION
PRIVACY AND SECURITY
It is entirely your choice whether or not you provide Personal Data to us. We take reasonable precautions to protect our customers’ Personal Data against loss, misuse, unauthorized disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, please remember that no transmission of data over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Data, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Information that you transmit to us or from us, and you do so at your own risk. You hereby acknowledge that we are not responsible for any intercepted information sent via the Internet, and you hereby release us from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of intercepted information in any unauthorized manner.
If you believe your Personal Data is being improperly used by us or any third party, please immediately notify us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHILDREN UNDER 13
The Platform is intended for and targeted to adults and not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Data directly from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not send any Personal Data about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. In the event that we learn that we have collected Personal Data from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under 13 years of age and you believe your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us at email@example.com.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY PLATFORMS
Our Platform or communications may contain links to third party websites over which we exercise no control, including the form of advertising, embedded content, sponsored content or co-branded content. Except as set forth in this Policy, we do not share your Personal Data with those third parties and are not responsible for the privacy policies of any third party or their management of your Personal Data. Because they may treat your Information differently than we do, we suggest you read the privacy policies on those third-party websites prior to submitting any Personal Data to such sites.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your 0.
We engage certain third-party service providers to serve advertisements on our behalf across the Internet and to provide analytics services. We may also participate in affiliate advertising and allow affiliate links to be encoded on some of our pages. This means that we may earn a commission when you click on or make purchases via affiliate links.
Our advertisers or the ad networks that serve advertisements may utilize Cookies or other similar technologies (including within the ads) to collect anonymous information from you such as your device identifiers, advertising IDs, and IP address, web browser, actions you take relating to the ads, any links you click on, and conversion information. This information may be used by us, our service providers and their clients in aggregated, anonymous form to, among other things, analyze and track aggregated data, determine the popularity of certain content or products, measure the effectiveness of ad campaigns, determine the proper amount of repeat views of a given ad, and deliver advertising and content targeted to your interests on our Platform and outside of our Platform on other websites (also known as “interest-based advertising”). These service providers are prohibited from collecting any Personal Data from you and we do not share any of your Personal Data with them.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Platform and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of PlayBooked’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by PlayBooked about our Platform & Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
- California Consumers
This section pertains to the rights of individuals or households in California (“California consumers”).
- Civil Code Section 1798.83
Under certain circumstances, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 states that, upon receipt of a request by a California consumer, a business may be required to provide detailed information regarding how that business has shared that customer’s Personal Data with third parties for direct marking purposes. However, the foregoing does not apply to businesses like ours that do not disclose Personal Data to third parties for direct marketing purposes without prior approval or give customers a free mechanism to opt out of having their Personal Data disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
- Rights under the CCPA
After January 1, 2020, the CCPA (California Civil Code Section 1798.100 et seq.) will provide California consumers with additional rights regarding Personal Data that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly with a particular consumer or household. The categories of Personal Data we collect are generally described above but differ for individual consumers depending on the Services used by such consumers.
Under the CCPA, qualifying California consumers may have the following rights:
- Right to Know and Right to Delete.
A California consumer has the right to request that we disclose what Personal Data we collect, use, disclose and sell. A California consumer also has the right to submit requests to delete Personal Data.
When we receive a valid request to know or delete from a California consumer, we will confirm receipt of the request within 10 days and provide information about how we will process the request, including our verification process. We will respond to such requests within 45 days.
- Right for Disclosure of Information.
A California consumer may also submit requests that we disclose specific types or categories of Personal Data that we collect.
Under certain circumstances, we will not provide such information, including where the disclosure creates a substantial, articulable and unreasonable risk to the security of that Personal Data, customers’ account with us, or the security of our systems or networks. We also will not disclose California consumers’ social security numbers, driver’s license numbers or other government-issued identification numbers, financial account numbers, any health insurance or medical identification numbers, or account passwords and security questions and answers.
- Submitting Requests
If you are a California consumer and would like to make any requests under the CCPA, please direct them as set forth in the section below entitled “Your Right to Access, Review, and Delete Personal Data.”
- Verifying Requests
If we receive any request we will use a two-step process for online requests where the California consumer must first, clearly submit the request and then second, separately confirm the request. We will use other appropriate measures to verify requests received by mail or telephone.
In submitting a request, a California consumer must provide sufficient information to identify the consumer, such as name, e-mail address, home or work address, or other such information that is on record with us so that we can match such information to the Personal Data that we maintain. Do not provide social security numbers, driver’s license numbers, account numbers, credit or debit card numbers, medical information or health information with requests. If requests are unclear or submitted through means other than outline above, we will provide the California consumer with specific directions on how to submit the request or remedy any deficiencies. If we cannot verify the identity of the requestor, we may deny the request.
- Do Not Sell My Info.
If you are a California consumer and would like to opt out of the sale of your Personal Information, please go to this link.
- California Do Not Track Disclosures
Although some browsers currently offer a “do not track (‘DNT’) option,” no common industry standard for DNT exists. We therefore do not currently commit to responding to browsers’ DNT signals.
Your Right to Access, Review, and Delete Personal Data
Under certain laws, including as described above with respect to the GDPR and CCPA, you may have the right to: obtain confirmation that we hold Personal Data about you, request access to and receive information about the Personal Data we maintain about you, receive copies of the Personal Data we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Data, object to the continued processing of your Personal Data, and have the Personal Data blocked, anonymized or deleted, as appropriate. The right to access Personal Data may be limited in some circumstances by local law, including as described above under California law. If you qualify, in order to exercise these rights, please contact us as set forth below.
250 Monroe ave NW suite 400, Grand Rapids MI 49503
We may ask you to provide additional information for identity verification purposes, or to verify that you are in possession of an applicable email account.
Please understand, however, that we reserve the right to retain an archive of such Personal Data for a commercially reasonable time to ensure that its deletion does not affect the integrity of our data; and we further reserve the right to retain an anonymous version of such Information.
[We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. [All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions [and [OTHER INFORMATION]] will be encrypted [using SSL technology].]
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. [We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.]
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.]
We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time. In the event we make changes to this Policy, such policy will be re-posted in the “Privacy” section of our Platform with the date such modifications were made indicated on the top of the page. Therefore, please review this Policy from time to time so that you are aware when any changes are made to this Policy. If you have any questions about the changes that were implemented, please contact us at email@example.com and include “Information Regarding Updated Policy” in the subject line. In any event, your continued use of the Platform after such change constitutes your acceptance of any such change(s), and if you do not accept any changes, you may choose not to use the Platform or opt out by sending us an appropriate notice.
You represent and warrant that any Personal Data you provide us is true and correct and relates to you and not to any other person.
If you use the Platform, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and for restricting access to your computer or device, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account.
If you have questions or comments about this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Privacy” in the subject line of your email.